The Partnership programis a new stage of the Foundation’s longstanding commitment to assist Russian museums in becoming strong cultural and educational anchors. The Program reflects the Foundation’s mission and links it with the key trends in modern museum development:
- Openness to the public, informational space development, broad access to information;
- Strengthening the role of a museum as a center for art, historical and scientific education;
- Promoting museums in the society and providing career development opportunities for museum professionals
The Program objective is to provide assistance in activities through the support of innovative initiatives of Russian museums and/or non-profit organizations a statutory activity of which is related to museums and matches the Vladimir Potanin Foundation’s mission.
The Program goals are:
- To bring together the Foundation’s resources with the opportunities and potential of leading Russian museums and\or non-profit organizations to implement innovative initiatives of museum community;
- To increase the number of the Foundation’s partners among museums and non-profit organizations;
- To launch educational centers for regional museums which will be housed by partners defined by the Foundation
The Program operates all over the Russian Federation.
The Programis open for museums that are well-known both in Russia and internationally with the experience in carrying out large-scale collaborative programs; leading Russian non-profit organizations working in partnership with large museums and\or having a proven record of successful museum work.
The overall grant fund is no more than 287,000 USD.
2014 Program participants:
- The State Hermitage Museum
- The Polytechnic Museum
- Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (the Kunstkamera)
The Hermitage Director Mikhail Piotrovski, General Director of the Foundation Oksana Oracheva